Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Raw water manifold replacement

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Bill Kinney,

I think that I clearly gave an opinion.

You have a right to an opinion, also.

I am not going to argue with you because you are far smarter than I am and have much more experience. But, I am sticking with my opinion.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jan 10, 2017 2:05 PM, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

If the zinc wasn't necessary on the Onan it could easily have been replaced with a standard pipe plug, and heat exchangers are easy and (relatively) cheap to have custom made without a zinc fitting.  If those were good ideas, Amel would have done one or the other.

That zinc is needed to protect the materials in the Onan heat exchanger.  It is NOT redundant with the rudder zinc.  If the rudder zinc protected the Onan heat exchanger, why bother to replace the zinc when it dissolved?

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Rose Island, Bahamas