Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] mainsail furler/ headsail sheets

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

BeBe, SM2k, #387 came with 18mm, but the specs say 16mm.

A few years ago I bought 3/4" which is about 20mm. This was New England Rope Sta-Set. It is soft and pliable and very strong. The larger size ia easier to use and fits the winches. You should buy 150 feet total...my opinion.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jan 10, 2017 6:03 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff,
Darn, I was just visiting friends in Boynton Beach.  I'm not on the boat right now, and don't know the answer to your questions off the top of my head.  I bought my furling and outhaul motors and gearboxes from Amel.

Let me suggest that you don't get new sheets that are significantly larger that the originals.  They won't fit well in the self tailing winches.

Hope I meet you somewhere and have a beer/wine/rum or two!

Kent
SM243
Kristy