From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:53 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rub Rail

Hi Mike,

That drawing is interesting.  It appears not to distinguish between the hull below the rubrail, and the rubrail.  But the rubrail isn't fiberglass, at least I think it's not based on the gouges I see.  It does look like thermoplastic though.  The sketch does not infer a joint at the bottom of the rubrail, and my finger doesn't find a joint there either.  I wonder if they put the rubrail in the mold and fiberglassed to it?  Or is it just part of the hull???

Duane

Wanderer, SM #477  The penultimate SM.