Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Santorin or Maramu?

Lars Knudsen <museum@...>

Hi Alberto

I own a 1993 Santorin and is very pleased with it - also regarding the
performance. I has the wing-keel that moves weight further down compared to
the more traditional keel on the Maramu and give some other advantages. Also
it seems that the masts is slightly taller, but this is based on my viewing
og my boat side-by-side with a Maramu. Further is that the internal weight
(batteries, tanks) is moved so I comes nearer the center line of the boat.

After what I have heard this should give the Santorin a slightly better
performance that the Maramu with no downsides. These boats are all very blue
water capable and I am most impressed with my boats behavior in rough
weather and big waves.

Best Regards

Lars,

Santorin #79 Salvagny