Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sandblasting Good or Bad?(to remove Antifouling to Gellcoat)

antonio scipioni

Hi guys
Last year I remove The old antifouling and I prefer to do this job by my hand. It is very tiresome, you can use a gently water sandblaster.
Consider that is very important don't damage the gelcoat cause you 'll have in future osmosis problem.
Fair Winds
Antonio
Vagabundo
SN108
Now in Cannigione

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 17/gen/2017, alle ore 02:58, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Joel,

Do you have an opinion on soda blasting?  Like sand blasting but uses sodium carbonate (baking soda) instead of sand, a much softer, more gentle, material.  It's not available everywhere, and requires some specialized equipment.

I had a few boats stripped like this in the past, and the gelcoat sure LOOKED good afterwards, but I did not have a long enough followup to see any long term effects.

Bill Kinney
SM#160,  Harmonie
Big Majors Spot, Bahamas