Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries with different voltages

Oliver Buhlert

Hello Alxandre,

thank you for your answer. Yes I cleaned the connection which were nearly black. I already put the good batteries together and disconnect the bad ones, but after two days the same effect, one batterie with lower and one with normal voltage.

All the best

Oliver

Am 30.01.2017 um 12:27 schrieb Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Good morning Olivier,

Are your connectors clean?
A few months ago, I also had 1 battery with lower voltage, I neglected to take it seriously, the result end up cooking 6 out of my 8 house batteries…
If this was to happened again, I would disconnect the bad batteries and only run with 6 or 4 until you get new ones.
As I don’t want the domino effect to happened again…
Wish I was more help.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Harbor View Marina, Tortola, BVI

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries with different voltages
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:21 AM

Hello,
on our
Amel SM 2000 we have a batterie
problem.The voltges of one of the two parallel
connected batteries get down, that means one has 13,2V the
other one 10,8. It is the same for all the working
batteries. I already changed the low voltage batteries and
connected just the high voltage batteries together. After
two days I had the same effect. One of the parallel
connected batterie has around 13 voltage and the other one
around 10.I spoke to many people but no one has an
idea how that could be.Looking forward to an
answer.
All the best
OliverSV JoEmi