Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries with different voltages

Oliver Buhlert

It's random and across the entire battery bank. The batteries are flooded.

All the best

Oliver
SV JoEmi

Am 30.01.2017 um 13:19 schrieb Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Very strange…
Are the batteries becoming low voltage constantly on the same side (i.e. negative) to the house bank or random?
Is that accros the entire battery bank? Or more consistently on the same connection…

Out of curiosity, what type of batteries are you using? Flooded? AGM?

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries with different voltages
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, January 30, 2017, 11:05 AM

Hello Alxandre,
thank you for your
answer. Yes I cleaned the connection which were nearly
black. I already put the good batteries together and
disconnect the bad ones, but after two days the same effect,
one batterie with lower and one with normal
voltage.
All the best

Oliver
Am 30.01.2017 um 12:27 schrieb Alexandre Uster
von Baar uster@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Good morning Olivier,

Are your connectors clean?

A few months ago, I also had 1 battery with lower voltage, I
neglected to take it seriously, the result end up cooking 6
out of my 8 house batteries…

If this was to happened again, I would disconnect the bad
batteries and only run with 6 or 4 until you get new ones.

As I don’t want the domino effect to happened again…

Wish I was more help.

Sincerely, Alexandre

SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

Harbor View Marina, Tortola, BVI

On Mon, 1/30/17, qmvwv3fna4dth3r32bdwtz3bpy7meopg2s2xlnuq@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries with different
voltages

To: amelyachtowners@...

Date: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:21 AM

Hello,

on our

Amel SM 2000 we have a batterie

problem.The voltges of one of the two parallel

connected batteries get down, that means one has 13,2V
the

other one 10,8. It is the same for all the working

batteries. I already changed the low voltage batteries
and

connected just the high voltage batteries together.
After

two days I had the same effect. One of the parallel

connected batterie has around 13 voltage and the other
one

around 10.I spoke to many people but no one has an

idea how that could be.Looking forward to an

answer.

All the best

OliverSV JoEmi