advice on Spain/Portugal ?

John & Ruth Martin <jjmartin24@...>

Hello All

We hopefully will soon be owners of a 1999 Super Maramu currently lying in La Rochelle. Assuming closing goes as planned in July, we plan to start moving her southward in August towards the Canaries and cross over to the Caribbean in November. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of good cruising areas in the Bay of Biscay, north coast Spain, or Portugal ? Are the Imray Lorrie cruising guides pretty good ? We may need to leave her for a month or so, can anyone recommend a reasonably economical and safe harbor/marina in Portugal ?

Thanks alot

John & Ruth Martin