Re: Motor Mount Replacement

Craig Briggs

Hi Denis,
I should think so, although I've not done it on a Maramu. You may even be able to do it without disconnecting the drive train, or even the other motor mounts, relying on the flex in the coupling and motor mounts to give you enough wiggle room to slip in the new mount. Although being the aft mount, closest to the drive coupling may not allow it. Seems worth a go and you can always disconnect anything that prevents doing so. Maybe Airops Dave or other Maramu owners can give you more precise input.
Sounds like a fun project - enjoy!
Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <sbmesasailor@...> wrote :

My 34 year old Perkins has lost a motor mount and I've never replaced one.  I presume the engine has to be lifted.  The motor mount is port side aft, can I get away with disconnecting the drive train and lifting just the rear?

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu #121
Currently in St. Barts