Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Motor Mount Replacement

James Alton

Andy,

   My Maramu #220 also has the Perkins 4154.  I was originally thinking of putting in a more modern engine with a smaller footprint, but after using the boat last year I was so happy with the engine and think now that I would like to stay with the original.  The engine  has 3,700 hours on it, doesn’t leak any oil, seems healthy so I think it could have thousands of hours left yet.   Can you tell me what you did when you refurbished your engine?  I would like to install a large case Alternator  (or at least a HO alternator) ..if possible with a serpentine belt in the location once used by the mechanical refrigeration pump on the upper stb. side of the engine.  Do you know whether this can be done?

   Thanks Oliver for the mount information!

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Sardinia,  Italy

On Feb 2, 2017, at 5:43 AM, Andy Croney allezaubon@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Dennis,

We have refurbished our old Perkins where by we had to remove the engine and then reinstall - all relatively easy due to the great design of an Amel.

From our experience you should be able to get way with it .

Good luck and all the best !

Andy
Paladin #75