R: Re: R: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: replacing seal on the rudder

Giovanni TESTA

Many thanks to all for suggestions. I hope it may be enough to turn 1/6 more.
Here at Port Elisabet there is now an other Amel SM "Rev de lun" and Jan Luc, the French owner, has a new tool to better do the job.
I used the adjustable tool from Budget Marine, but it has a shape ( and screw) that cant allow me to use a proper power.
ASAP I update the situation.
Buon Vento
Giovanni
SV EUTIKIA n428

----Messaggio originale----
Da: amelyachtowners@...
Data: 10-feb-2017 9.50
A:
Ogg: Re: R: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: replacing seal on the rudder

----Messaggio originale----
Da: amelyachtowners@...
Data: 10-feb-2017 9.50
A:
Ogg: Re: R: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: replacing seal on the rudder

I don't think I've ever seen this posted, so I will.  It might be helpful to someone working on the rudder and may explain some things if you are working on the bow thruster.  If you are moored stern-to Med style you can move your stern lines from the stern chocks to the side cleats and tighten the laid bow lines or your anchor. This will tilt the stern up--a surprising amount!   Also, in some cases the stern lines go "up" to the dock--in this case just tighten your bow lines.  I first discovered this when changing the bow thruster while Med moored.  I could not understand why my bow was so low!  Tight bow lines can put an amazing amount of downward pull on your bow pulling it down and and the stern can rise. 

Bob, KAIMI SM 429

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.