Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rudder nut wrench

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Gang,

I have 3 different types….. the absolute best is the one from Amel.  Cheapest too.

Take it for what it’s worth.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera SM 007.

On 11 Feb 2017, at 16:06, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All,
If you look in the photo section you will find this wrench.
I had a spare rudder nut and brought it to a machine shop with a sketch.
I had them make it short so I could turn it in the small space.
They made it out of aluminum plate. It is as thick as the flange on the packing nut.
Just remove the rudder nut stop and tighten the packing. A 5 minute job even if you are at sea.
Works perfectly and costs about $70 US.

Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Da: amelyachtowners@...
Data: 11-feb-2017 17.23
A: <amelyachtowners@...>

Ogg: Re: R: Re: R: Re: R: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: UPDATE_ replacing seal on the rudder