Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Is a Monohull (AMEL) the right choice?

Porter McRoberts <portermcroberts@...>

I thought they all did too. Is first owner didn't want the weight. But to me doesn't seem particularly weighty. What could hey weigh 75-100 lbs?  Max?
I like the idea of redundancy but before I add the second windlass I'd though I'd test the concept against the crew. If really not necessary then I'd not add. What's the benefit of 2?
Thanks and fair winds!

On Feb 14, 2017, at 2:43 AM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Porter,

We have only one windlass on our Super Maramu.
We have never had two anchors off the bow, even though we carry a second anchor in the stbd fwd locker.
As Eric, one or two occasions we've had a stern anchor out...we have a Fortress for that.
Doesn't your Amel 54 have two windlasses ? I thought they all did unless yours is a VERY early one.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437