Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Watermaker Dead

Ian Shepherd

Hi Gary,

I am not sure if you know yet but Dessalator have come up with a new board
that really does what it is supposed to with regards to bad water being
diverted overboard. I have fitted one and done several tests to prove the
detection circuits. I have used it for a months cruising and it has worked
fine. The water in my tank was noticeably sweeter than before. This is
probably because most times it took more than the standard two minutes to
produce acceptable water.

Today it did not allow any water into the tank. Sampling the bypassed water
and testing with my Hanna TDS meter showed that I have developed a membrane
problem, so the new board proved to be doing what it should.

The new board is very easy to fit. It mounts on the same posts in the box
that contains the old board and the edge connectors are the same.

I hope that this is of help to you and others. Of course it should have been
like this in the first place!

Cheers

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader