Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Windlass Control Box

Ian Shepherd

Hi Judy and Bill,

Glad you fixed the problem OK and thanks for sharing the fix with us in case
we have the same problem. I have been having a related problem the past two
summers with my chain counter that has been driving me nuts. It works
perfectly in mild temperatures, but once it gets above about 33C, the
readout goes haywire then freezes. You can anchor successfully and then
watch the chain counter slowly count down to zero then go to negative
numbers over a period of time, so when you weigh anchor, you don't know when
it is coming on board, though I do find that my forward looking sonar set to
the 6M range does show the chain angle and the anchor itself.

I really have not proved if the problem lies in the counter sensor or the
instrument itself. Tests have been inconclusive. Has anyone else had this
problem and can shed some light on where the fault lies please?

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader