Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Autopilot failures and spares

Stephen Davis

Thanks very much Bill. This will help tremendously. Mine will be a little more simple, as both of my autopilots are late model Raymarine, and have the 12v clutch. When we get to St Martin I'm removing all my old Furuno electronics and installing 2 Raymarine ES series plotters, a couple of I70 multifunction instruments, and the new Chirp radar which I'm dragging back from the US. Looking forward to the project, and having everything talking to each other for a change.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve
Aloha SM72

On Feb 16, 2017, at 14:23, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

If you go here:

you will find a little bit of a write-up that hopefully give a start of a clue for you.  Throw that in with what Bill Rouse wrote, and you will be well on your way!

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands.

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Hi Bill,

We own hull #72, and the boat originally came with only the rotary drive above the galley, and one autopilot. I have since installed a complete 2nd autopilot, and have made an adaptor plate for the quadrant which will allow me to install a linear drive on the quadrant. As it is now, I have to do some minor re-wiring to switch from autopilot A to B. I really don't have a clue how to wire the autopilots or 2 drive units to switch back and forth easily.

When you have the time would you mind providing me some more details of how you wired Harmonie to easily switch between drive units and autopilots? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. I plan on starting the installation of the linear drive while in St Martin in March, and will try out the system as we work our way to Panama for our canal transit in 2018. My personal email is flyboyscd at Gmail dot com.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Barbuda