From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2017 6:21 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hauling the boat - strap locations

Thanks for the reply Bill and Joel.  The lift went fine.

On #477 the sonic speed transducer is about even with the back of the forward lifting plate, and the depth transducer is two feet forward of that, about at the back of the fwd head hatch.  It seems the right place for the forward strap is at the fwd lower shroud for the main mast so it doesn't lift on either of those transducers.

I can see how you could put the fwd strap at the root of the keel, but I would have the operator incline the strap aft so it doesn't try to ride against the sonic speed transducer.

Duane