Re: Hauling the boat - strap locations

greatketch@...

Lifting with the strap as far back against the keel as it could go worked for us and cleared both the sonic speed transducers.

To be honest, I actually wasn't all that worried about the sonic speed. It had become quite unreliable. One of the projects for that haulout was to install a backup speed device-- has now become our primary speed and log as the sonic has become so flaky as to be worthless as a practical navigation tool.

Our next haulout will see the sonic speed log removed and the holes in the hull patched. It was one of those things that was just awesome--when it worked.

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
Ready to move south and east...