Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Windlass Control Box

svmalaika@...

I have had a similar, but nowhere near as severe, problem with our chain
counter in hot weather. I suspect the problem is with the temperature
sensitivity of the LCD display. I have been meaning to test my theory by waiting until
the problem occurs and then cooling the display unit using a portable fan
blowing over a bowl of ice cubes. Unfortunately summer is ending here in the Med
so my "test" will have wait until next year. Anyone in the tropics with this
problem care to try the "test" and report their findings?

Charlie
S/V MALAIKA II
Barcelona, SPAIN