Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Sonic Speed Replacement

Leopold Hauer

Hello Colin

I'm interested on your pictures, please make an upload.

Leo

YinYang, SM#69
Austria

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 19.02.2017 um 10:49 schrieb SV Island Pearl II colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hanspeter, Alan, Dieter

I've just sent you all directly the pictures of the P79 installation under front cabin floor, mizzen mast dual radars with cameras, and the camera control system and nav station picture as requested. Let me know if you did not receive these. If anyone else was interested let me know and I will upload the pics to the Amel owners site.
Cheers
Colin Streeter, Island Pearl II, SM#332
Brisbane

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM, SV Island Pearl II <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:
Alan, no problem I will go down to the boat today and send you a pic direct after. Also Hanspeter was still wanting one regarding the mizzen mast cameras so will get a pic of that too for him direct too.

The P79 goes directly into my Raymarine ES97 at the helm. The cable they come with isn't long enough to get much past the Nav station so I had my electronics guy extend that cable all the way to the helm. In our case this is only really a 2nd backup depth sounder so I generally don't have it on (ie plugged in to the back of the Raymarine unit) unless we are in shallow water here, travelling between sand banks slowly into shallower water as it is a good 1.5m - 2m in front of the original depth sounder, so a really nice early warning system ahead of the normal sounder before actually hitting the many sand banks here in Moreton Bay.

I should add, apart from saving power, the other reason we don't have the P79 on all the time is because of the faint clicking noises it makes when on. Could possibly annoy someone sleeping up front.

Colin, Island Pearl II
SM#332

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 9:59 AM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks Colin,

Yes pic please....also what exact model of P79 did you install ...did you connect it to B&G Hydra, or something else?
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

--