Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Smoking Gun...

Porter McRoberts <portermcroberts@...>

I should have added to the initial post. The day of the "puff" was in the middle of a multi month long sail for the owner. Just first start of that day.  The engine had been run every day for months.

Speaking c JP he confirms a quite knowledgeable Volvo diesel mechanic runs a Volvo aftermarket shop in the marina in la Marin in Martinique

I would imagine he'd have good insight.

Thanks again.

Porter

On Feb 19, 2017, at 5:05 PM, biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,
Agreed. I took Dave's concerns not as a diagnosis of cause but just noting an irregularity. Since then I have run both engines many times and not seen a repeat of the survey puff and sheen...so I think I am ok. Porter will need to look at the recent run time history of the boat to see if this is just an artifact of an unused vessel that will go away with more frequent activity.

Oh, and Mark, thank you for reccomending Dave. He was great.

Regards, John
Vent de Soleil SM37
Le Marin