Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Nav Instruments on SM

alainfeuillet@...

Peter, I did replace my Hydra330 FFD which had no NMEA In/output by an Hercules2000 FFD which has the NMEA connection. It is enough and it has been working fine for five years. I connected it to my NMEA network allowing in particular to sail to the wind with my ST7002 A/P and get magnetic heading from it as well .
If Tinley has no solution you can try at Myles Electronic who supllied mewith this Hercules.
Fair wind
Alain (S/V Pilgrim)

---In amelyachtowners@..., <yahoogroups@...> wrote :

Peter,

Email Sarah Pidgley sarah@...

Tell her hi from Bill s/v BeBe.

I think that Sarah is the best one to answer specific questions, but I thought that even early model FFDs had NEMA 0183 OUT & IN. Sarah will tell you. Tinley will repair many B&G components and sometimes has refurbished components for sale. In my experience, Raymarine is great for autopilots, but I believe they are outclassed in most other categories.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
+1(832) 380-4970

On Feb 27, 2017 19:17, "Peter Jaeger mallamok@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you Bill, that's realy briliant.

Now, my only speed indication is SOG from GPS and that is good enough. For the Ultra Sonic Speed from NKE, I would have to drill a new hole the get SOW. I think I am quite happy with SOG, even with some log-errors with strong curents. I will contact Tinley. What's the best contact, Sarah was her name?

If I want to upgrade my Hydra System to NMEA, would it be good enough to upgrade ONE FFD or do I have to do that with all components (2xFFD plus Processor)?

Peter

SY Wilson, SM#003, La Rochelle