rust on inox cable

INUS - BUSCH

On my old rigging I had rust at the connection where the inox cable entered the terminals, caused by minimal water droplets there.

Now I have a new rigging from ACMO and want to protect this parts as much as possible. See attached pic. The answer from ACMO was

“You must wash with a plastic brush where you see the little rust, and you can apply some silicon.”

But I know that there are different types of silicon, so before applying silicon I wanted to ask the group what you are doing to avoid water there, maybe you grease the parts?

Dieter

FAL-LERA Sharki #135