Smoking generator

Graham Boyd

My Onan MDKDP 6.5, was unused for about 6 months. Now, on start up and before any load is applied it produces large amounts of white smoke (the smell tells me this is unburnt fuel). This smoke persists even when the engine is warm.As soon as I apply load to the generator (aircon etc) the level of smoke drops drastically and becomes slight darker. My thoughts are this is probably a fuel supply or pump problem as the injectors have already been changed.

Any thoughts or similar first hand experience?

Graham

SM140 Sula

Hong Kong

ps full rebuilds in this town are rarely cost effective!