Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Windlass Control Box

Ian Shepherd

Hi Charlie,

My thanks to you and all the others that replied concerning faulty readouts
on the chain counter. I don't think it is the display itself as that works
normally and zeros when told etc. It might well be an overheat of the
counter chip circuitry behind the display though.

I wonder where your counter is mounted? On my first SM the counter was
fitted alongside the main instruments. That is to say, mounted vertically
and mostly in the shade. On the second boat, the counter is mounted next to
the auto pilot control box. Here the housing cooks in sunlight through the
dodger. This might, perhaps, be the root of the problem. I would be
interested to hear from you and the others who have replied as to where
their chain counter instrument is located.

Regards

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader