Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Caribbean Customs and Immigration

Mark Erdos

Thanks Bill. The Crew List is a good idea. I’ll look forward to seeing yours and will most likely plagiarize.

We cannot do SVRS since I am British, Cindy is American and Cream Puff is BVI.

I do use noonsite but find it is lacking in details for vessels other than USA or American travelers. Most often we check with the “official” government C&I site to get the info we need.

I thought SailClear sounded too good to be true. And, there is also the concern of website security etc.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currenlty cruising - Black Point – Exuma Islands, Bahamas

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:59 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Caribbean Customs and Immigration

Mark,

"The Caribbean" is a combination of about 15 independent countries, each with different rules. 

You should register with US SVRS, if you haven't. SVRS allows US citizens clear electronically. SailClear is helpful, but you still have to physically report to officials. SailClear will help you prepare documents. 

As you know, noonsite.com is the best information available. 

The best tool we used to clear into 58 countries was a 1 page Crew List, which we printed on arrival. It included a photo of the boat and about 12 specifications including measurements, engine hp, dinghy info, etc. Also, included was a photo of the photo-page of our passports and all of the identifying information. This crew list accomplished two things: it communicates that you are professional, and it makes the official's job easy. When we checked into a country that needed another piece of information, we added it to our Crew List form. In more than half of the countries, the officials used our Crew List as the official clearance document and we did not have to fill out any form. But, even if you have to fill out their form, the Crew List makes it easy. 

I can email it to you. 

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 8, 2017 07:34, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for on-line tools such as SailClear for the check-in procedures in the Caribbean? Do they help? Any suggestions on what to use, speed the process and make it easier?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currenlty cruising – Black Point – Exuma Islands, Bahamas

www.creampuff.us

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.