Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Caribbean Customs and Immigration

Stephen Davis

Hi Mark,

As a whole, the eastern Caribbean is fairly easy and inexpensive for customs immigration.  When you compare it to Mexico and spots in Central America, it is a piece of cake.

We are registered with both sail clear and eseaclear (Antigua), and we're able to register online in a few minutes with immediate access to the system. If you choose not to register, no harm and no foul, they just throw you the same form in the office to fill out. Also, using sail clear, 2 out of 3 times the computer system in customs was down, and had to fill out forms anyway. Eseaclear in Antigua has worked well both times I've used it. One nice thing about the systems is that once registered, when you pull up the page, it is already populated with most of your boat and passport info.

You will find all the French islands to be by far the easiest. Depending on where you clear, some local merchant will have a computer in the store with a simple 1 page form to fill. Five minutes later you will pay from 0 to max of 4 euros, and be walking out the door. Did I mention how good the croissants are in the French islands?

Hope to see you guys down this way soon.

Steve and Liz
Aloha SM72
Sint Maarten

On Mar 8, 2017, at 07:46, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Mark

When I left San Juan, Puerto Rico, for Tortola, BVI, I went to SailClear (registered, etc.) but emigration/customs never replied…
I actually just logged in and I am still “pending” (since October 30)…

May be others have a better experience…

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Harbor View Marina, Tortola, BVI

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Caribbean Customs and Immigration
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 7:27 AM

Does anyone have
recommendations for on-line tools such as
SailClear for the check-in procedures in the Caribbean? Do
they help? Any suggestions
on what to use, speed the process and make it easier?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream