Re: Starboard electric genoa winch got lazy

greatketch@...

I think Olivier's suggestion for distinguishing between a motor problem and a control box problem is probably easier than mine.

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie

---In amelyachtowners@..., <svperegrinus@...> wrote :

Thank you Bill,

Will test voltage tomorrow morning after we arrive.  Am terrified of attempting to remove the electric motor, as I remember Eric of Kimberlite mentioning his was very, very stuck due to not doing a periodic maintenance Lewmar told him is mandatory, yet which does not show on our Lewmar manual that came with the boats.  Of course this maintenance has never been done on Peregrinus!

Will post here on any follow-ups.

Cheerio,

SM2K N. 350
Underway, Venice to Ortona