Re: Hydraulic 2nd Backup for linear Auto pilot drive

Jose Venegas

Thank you all for your comments.  I checked out the space and there may be enough to mount the drive in the opposite side of the electric one.  I also though that pump could be mounted on the starboard shelf of the  "garage", to isolate the noise.  My previous boat was a Beneteau and had a similar arrangement with the sound not different to that of the electric drive on Ipanema.  I also thought that it would be best to buy an independent computer too.
I will let you know how it works out.

Jose