{Disarmed} [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Dolphin Reya 30 amp charger

johnabo2003 <no_reply@...>

Thanks for the info. I will e-mail Lucy tomorrow. I have been told by
the Reya support office in the US, that the unit can be reset by
disconnecting and reconnecting the 24v and 220v cables. This seems a
bit strange to me but I will give it a try.

First I will recheck the fuses. If I send it back to the factory for
repair, what was the alteration that you had done to make it standard?

Regards John SM391

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Anne & John Hollamby"
<annejohn@...> wrote:

There are several versions of the Dolphin chargers. Mine,which are
Dolphin 1 (2000/2001). Dolphin 2 was brought in around 2002 or 3 and
I think there is a later version. There is or was an Irish girl at
Reya's,who, if you will excuse the expression, speaks and writes
perfect English. I found her very helpful. Her address
lucy.kellyatreya.com. I had my 50amp Mk 1 repaired at the factory
and also altered so that it is a standard unit like the thousands
they sell to other people. I removed the board from the casing and
sent back by ordinary post to France and got it back in the UK.
So far as I recall they did not charge for the repair possibly
because there was a two year warranty.
The fuses were not welded in on my unit, they came out after a
little juggling with pliers. They are normal European automobile type
and he actual fuse wire can be seen without removing them as it is a
wire at the top.
The instructions for the latest type are available on the Reya
website. I have a copy of the Dolphin 2 version but not the one for
my earlier one. The D2 has six LEDs and has an equalisation stage. It
seems that it also has an 8 position switch so that it can be altered
to give the correct charge to 8 types of batteries.
I will post the D2 gen in the files section in about a months time
when I am back on broadband and not being robbed by Vodaphone for my
cell phone connection, assuming that noone else has done so in the
meantime.

Best wishes, John SM319