From: johnabo2003
Date: 09/10/07 20:17:41
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dolphin Reya 30 amp charger

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion. We keep our boat at Corpus Christi, Texas,
so it does get very hot in the summer. I did switch the charger off
for 24 hours before attempting to restart it with no luck.

I left the boat unattended for 2 weeks with the charger switched on.
Upon my return I noticed quite quickly that it was no longer
generating a charge.

I have found the following dealer in the US www.skandvik.com. One of
their tech's is supposed to call tomorrow. They also do bench
repairs. Did you get your support from Reya by phone or e-mail?

Regards
John

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Shepherd"
<sv_freespirit@...> wrote:

John I had my charger cease to give any output when the fan failed
causing
the overheat sensor to shut it off. If you are in a hot climate,
have you
allowed it to cool down and se if it starts up for a minute or so?
The
device above pin 14 of IC1 was the culprit. The markings had been
erased but
I did get some support from Reya. I believe the device was a
mosfet. I
replaced it myself and the charger has worked fine ever since. Of
course it
could have failed for many other reasons, but it would be worth
checking the
fan operation first.

Regards

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader