Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Photos of complete fuel pre filter and also auxillary 75 gallon fuel tank.

greatketch@...

James,

Heeling to windward in light air doesn't just feel strange, it really cuts down on performance. A classic trick for sailing small boats in light air is to move crew weight to the leeward rail to force a "proper" heel. Gravity then helps pull the sails into a good airfoil shape even when the wind is too light to lift the sails on its own. Heeling to windward will make the sails collapse at higher wind speeds than they will on a flat boat.

But we all have our own ways of sailing. For anybody who feels that the range from the stock diesel tank is insufficient I am guessing that sailing performance in less that 5 knots of wind is not a big concern.