Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Raymarine Autopilot problem

Craig Briggs

Paul, Totally agree about checking connections before condemning the autopilot. Include breaker and battery switch. Did you check voltage with autopilot load applied? That is, attach your multimeter to the leads going to the autopilot motor, then turn on the autopilot and initiate a 30 degree or so turn and read the voltage while the autopilot motor is running.
Craig, SN#68 Sangaris
---In amelyachtowners@..., <simms@...> wrote :

Hi Anne Sofie,
go over all the electrical connections to the auto pilot. Separate them and clean before reconnecting. I had expensive technicians suggesting expensive solutions and another cruiser gave me that advice. He was right, they were wrong and we spent an unnecessary two weeks extra in Raiatea, French Polynesia.. Another can be a build up of carbon dust in the linear drive motor. Two easy low cost checks, nothing lost if its wrong.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

From: "Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Thursday, 23 March 2017 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Raymarine Autopilot problem

I could be the linear drive malfunctioning, have had that situation once. Contact Raymarine for help.

Regards
Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

22 mars 2017 kl. 22:24 skrev osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Today our Raymarine Autopilot failed, when in Auto position it returned to stand by with the message current limit. I have meassured the voltage and no problem it was well over 25 volts, we also had the engine running at that time so voltage should be OK, and probably the current as well. All fuses was ok.
We have the course computer S3G and ST 7000 control head. Anyone experienced the same problem? Or known how to fix?
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259 currently in the BVI

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.