Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Raymarine Autopilot problem

Paul LaFrance <pflafrance@...>

Paul
We had the same problem. Upon checking all the connections we took the motherboard into a Raymarine. He bench tested same and said the mother board was gone. On closer inspection with a magnifier we could see where the Intergrated Circuits where cracked in several places. When we told him that it would work on and off he indicated it was possible as the current could sometimes jump small break. He recommended we replace the unit with an Evo auto pilot by Raymarine.
We sourced one in the USA and had it shipped and installed by friend. One of the itrms we found with the new unit was thr language is Seatalk and we had to get a translator to work with our other NEMA 0183 & 2000 languages. This item was also sourced in the USA.
We have this translator plus the Raymarine bar for sale. Retail cost is over $300 and we are selling for both for $150
We recently changed our nav system due the failure of the sonic  speed and ongoing problems with wind instuments. The B&G is so expensive and hard to find parts.
I can send you pics separately of the parts and new autopilot
We also our old unit for parts.
The new unit is far superior to the old one

Paul & Sue LaFrance
SV NOMAD 1 SM#362 8n St Marteen

Sent from BlueMail

On Mar 22, 2017, at 6:24 PM, "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Today our Raymarine Autopilot failed, when in Auto position it returned to stand by with the message current limit. I have meassured the voltage and no problem it was well over 25 volts, we also had the engine running at that time so voltage should be OK, and probably the current as well. All fuses was ok.
We have the course computer S3G and ST 7000 control head. Anyone experienced the same problem? Or known how to fix?
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259 currently in the BVI