Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Turkey Qsails

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

James,

The politics and terrorism situations in Turkey are no worse than most other "Western" countries in the world. The president of Turkey has decided to do some things, expanding "Executive" power, that are clearly unconditional...Sound familiar? Terrorism in Turkey is less than many Western countries.

They make quality sails, buy all materials directly from the manufacturer, utilize skilled workers, are located in a low-cost area, and they do not have the marketing, sales, and layers of profit requirements that most other sail sources​ have.

I know the owner, toured his large and modern facility, met his family, which work  I in his business; and I bought  a sails from him.  I have recommended Qsails to others, who were satisfied. They ship worldwide.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 23, 2017 12:08, "James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

   Has your recommendation for Qsails in Turkey changed any due to the political situation?  I am planning to order sails within the next month or so from someone.

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Mar 23, 2017, at 8:59 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I can tell you that the source discussed in this group by a Sharki owner is not good. Unfortunately, I do not have a recommendation.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 23, 2017 07:32, "sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I need to replace the gaskets on the hatches , I looked on the site for past references , but could not find any , although I know this has been discussed in the past.  Could someone tell me the size and source of gasket material .

Thanks,

Pat

SM Shenanigans