Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Unknown use for line on mizzen mast

Dan Carlson

Hi Alan,  there should be an open block attached at the end of the mizzen boom on the starbord side.  That line can be led around that block and used to lift your dinghy motor up onto the rail or over the rail and lowered into the aft lazarette.

The line thru the block on the top of the mizzen is also for the mizzen balooner sail, if you have one.

Best regards, Dan Carlson
sv BeBe, SM#387

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners]
wrote:

Hi folks,

On our SM there is a line that's tied to the rail that goes through a block just under the stbd side spreader on the mizzen mast.

Does anyone know what it is there for ? I can't work out what it would be used for.

We have another line that goes to a block at the top of the mast that we use for lifting the dinghy out of the water, but this shorter one beats me.

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437