Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Port and Door Holders...

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Gang,

My hull is #007 and my rubber “doickies” were not working.  I found magnetic door retainers and installed them on all doors.

The only small flaw is that the forward water tight door does not tolerate heavy seas and releases; the solution is to close the door before setting off.

Fair winds,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM007

On 26 Mar 2017, at 07:09, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

I'll check Budget Marine here in Sint Maarten on Monday, and let you know if they have them in stock. Budget stocks a lot of Goiot parts and most of the gaskets for ports and hatches. If not, I purchased several from the US Goiot distributor Rig Rite just a few months ago, and they should still be available from them.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Sint Maarten

On Mar 25, 2017, at 21:46, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Bill,

I think all the SMs have them. Ours is 2004 and we have them.
If you find an elegant solution for replacement it would be handy to have on file for the future
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Posted by: Stephen Davis <flyboyscd@...>