Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Port and Door Holders...

Stephen Davis

Hi Pat,

I forgot to mention that rig rite seems to think this stuff is made of gold. Budget Marine in the Caribbean and Caribe Marine in Martinique have Goiot gaskets and parts for a lot less money if you are headed this way next season

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
St Maarten 

On Mar 27, 2017, at 09:28, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Just checked with Rig Rite , prices seem a bit crazy, gasket $8 /ft. , hold open mushroom knobs $29. each , set of 4 plastic washers per hatch  to provide friction to hold open hatches $35 per set of 4 . I will try to source gasket materials elsewhere and rotate my mushroom knobs.
Pat SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Sun, Mar 26, 2017 12:25 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Port and Door Holders...

They were not made by Goiot. I ordered 12 of them from Amel about 4 years ago. 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 25, 2017 19:45, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

On older SM's the portlights and some of the cabin doors were held open with black rubber "mushrooms".  After 20 years ours are starting to degrade.  I have never seen them available from Goiot (the original manufacturer) and Maude says Amel has none left in stock.

Anybody else already solve this problem and care to share?  I have a couple ideas of varying degrees of elegance but haven't finalized my thoughts yet...

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Ponce, PR

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.