Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
St Maarten

On Mar 27, 2017, at 09:28, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Just checked with Rig Rite , prices seem a bit crazy, gasket $8 /ft. , hold open mushroom knobs $29. each , set of 4 plastic washers per hatch  to provide friction to hold open hatches $35 per set of 4 . I will try to source gasket materials elsewhere and rotate my mushroom knobs.
Pat SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Sun, Mar 26, 2017 12:25 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Port and Door Holders...

They were not made by Goiot. I ordered 12 of them from Amel about 4 years ago.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 25, 2017 19:45, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

On older SM's the portlights and some of the cabin doors were held open with black rubber "mushrooms".  After 20 years ours are starting to degrade.  I have never seen them available from Goiot (the original manufacturer) and Maude says Amel has none left in stock.

Anybody else already solve this problem and care to share?  I have a couple ideas of varying degrees of elegance but haven't finalized my thoughts yet...

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Ponce, PR