Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Tiny lights on 24V panel

greatketch@...

No need for surgery of the existing lamp.  These are industry standard panel indicator lamps to fit a 12mm hole. They are easily available in a wide range of voltages and colors (if green shouldn't be to your taste!)

You can buy them from Amazon for US$7 in any color you might like. For example Amazon item number B01N7XVWTT  As you browse for these, the key specifications are they have to fit a 12mm hole, and run on 220V.  Be a bit careful, there are similar lamps with a 12mm face diameter that fit a 9mm hole!

Important Note:  that 12mm hole spec is from my boat's panel.  Double check yours to see it it is the same.

I am sure there are suppliers could get them even cheaper.

It is always useful to remember that Amel didn't have things like this custom made, that would have been extraordinarily expensive--to no benefit. They bought things that were easily available to them at the time. It's always a good idea to search industrial supply chains for these kinds of routine parts, most are still easily available with a bit of google work--once you know what to ask for!

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Ponce PR