Re: R: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: water separator filter on Santorin

Craig Briggs

Antonio,
I have posted 2 pictures of my fuel line setup. It would seem you do not need the "T" off your Racor at all. Just keep your original water separator as is and simply insert the Racor in the feed line to the engine. By the way, you can see I have an extra line to feed my generator - there is no issue with fuel going both directions.
Cheers, Craig  SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <sangaris@...> wrote :

I'd be happy to, Antonio, and can do so next week after I go to the boat. I'll post them on this site.
Craig SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <stilemare@...> wrote :

Hi Craig,
Thank you for your answer, I am thinking to follow your installation, can you send me some pics of your solution?
Thank you a lot.
Antonio
SN 108 vagabundo
Rome

Oggetto: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: water separator filter on Santorin
A: amelyachtowners@...
Data: Mercoledì 22 marzo 2017, 21:45

Hi Antonio, On our
Santorin we kept the original Perkins water/diesel separator
and added the Parker Racor fuel between that and the engine.
That way you do not disturb the line to the Espar heater and
you retain the water-in-fuel electric warning sensor that is
in the original separator, which will light a warning light
on the engine control panel.
That being
said, I see no problem with your installation. The Espar
pump is such a low volume pump that I can't see it
sucking fuel from the engine side, which is totally closed.
And, if it is running when the engine is running it would
still not draw from the engine side.

Cheers,
Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@...,
<stilemare@...>
wrote :

Hi owners, is
Vagabundo calling.... I want upgrade my old water/gasoline
separator to a new parker system. You can see in the first
and second pics my actual installation: One old decanter
with two IN and two OUT hole; in one of this there is the
eberspacker pump. In the new "racor" instead I
have only one IN and one OUT...so I have to chose where
install the eberspacker suction duct, you can see in the
last pics my solution. I have fear that in my installation
the heater pump could create problem to the engine in the
case If it finish gasoline inside the filter. I upload the
pics on facebook and on the group.

QUESTION: wich is your opinion? Will eberspacker such from
tank ? Or from the filter ?!?

Thanks and Fair wind

Antonio
Amel Santorin 108