Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine Room Door - Struts

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark and Trevor,

Alex posted information on the Super Maramu...Trevor's Santorin takes a different size strut.

Best,

Bill
X-BeBe

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:27 AM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Trevor,

The engine room struts to help lift the hatch were original to this model boat. However, Alexandre posted a source for replacements in the USA on this forum. Perhaps these would work for you:

Bansbach easylift in Florida 321-253-1999
Esteban Contreras estebanc@...

A1A1N40-250-608/400N 316L Stainless Steel
Meaning a stroke of 250 mm with 608 mm overall
400 NM resistance
The stroke is 8 mm
The Diameter of the cylinder is 19 mm
With 8 mm hinge on each side.

Took a few weeks to build
They were $125 each (and free shipping).

These were the highest standard they are, guaranty for 10.000 opening...
They also had a cheaper standard line.

Sincerely, Alexandre

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currenlty cruising – Turks and Caicos Islands

www.creampuff.us