Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Negative ground slave solenoid

eric freedman

James,

there are many discussions on this site about the benefits of an isolated ground.

Did you read my note to you about the black wire that all of the negative items on the engine are connected to?

Please review what I wrote and then if you have any questions please ask me. I became intimate with the engine wiring after spending 5 days hanging over and around the wiring. I believe you have a bad connection shorting the black wire to the block or something else. The problem is almost 100% in the wiring of the engine and not in the harness to the control panel.

Amel does not have a wiring diagram of what they did to the engine.

However do not remove the isolated ground on either engine, you will open up a big can of worms.

If you are electrically competent just go after the black wire that starts at the Valeo solenoid and check every connection. You might have to use a set of channel lock pliers to remove the wiring from under the turbo.

I will post other photos of the wiring to the photo section in a few minutes.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376