Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] I dont think it is the same engine as mine Isolated ground on a Yanmar

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

Every engine will be somewhat different, but the "Amel isolation wiring theory" should be the same. The information I searched and found on the Yahoo Amel Group website was originally posted by Kent and, I believe, that it refers to a newer Yanmar than the Yanmar in Kimberlite. I do not know believe that we know the hull # of the boat that this thread is referring to.

Best,

Bill

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 9:36 AM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The photo that Bill posted shows a different wiring setup than what was on my Yanmar.

If you will note in Bills photo all of the ground wires run to the valeo solenoid and are not connected to the big black wire that I mentioned.  Also this engine is not mounted in a boat.

Bill, are you sure this is a 4jh3hte engine and not a 4jh4hte or the newer rail engine that I believe Kristie used?

These photos seem to show the valeo solenoid mounted under the starter motor on the outboard side of the engine. Mine is mounted inboard near the starter relay  on the forward side of the engine. It also shows 3 diodes and my engine had only 2. It also looks like the oil filter is in a different place than is on my engine.

This engine does not look like mine. It also appears that the injector pump is further aft than on my engine. The wiring is completely different and according to Amel there is no wiring diagram for my engine.

If I remember this wiring diagram and the isolation kit were sent to someone who was installing a new engine in their boat using a stock Yanmar and the wiring kit was sent to make the engine isolated.

Note the transmission oil cooler is mounted under the turbo..

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376