Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sea water chest

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ron,

That is because you need to "login with your Yahoo user name and password to be able to view photos and upload or download files and photos.

I CC'd you of this email and I attached the photo that I downloaded for you...you should login on the website because there are lots of things available there. The dimensions for this tool are for a Super Maramu...maybe you can use this idea and make one to fit your Meltem.

Best,

Bill
X-BeBe

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Ron Hynes riffhynes@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I recently joined this group and while I can read conversations, for some reason I am precluded from viewing photos.

Ron Hynes

On Apr 1, 2017, at 2:35 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Yes, there is a photo for the tool with dimensions that I uploaded.

Search for "sea chest tools" in Photos on the Amel Yacht Owner's Yahoo website.

You will find the tool I made that cleans from the top of the sea chest. I used this tool at least 8 times while circumnavigating. A few times for plastic removal, once for jellyfish and the rest for growth. Don't leave port without something to clean this!

The inside of that conduit from the outside of the hull to the ball valve is usually missed during the application of antifouling and, it is perfect for barnacle or mussel growth with the huge flow of water.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Apr 1, 2017 05:53, "Ron Hynes riffhynes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

I have a '76 Meltem and have recently experienced a blockage below the sea cock feeding the chest. A diver was able to clear about 20cm from the hull surface to where the hose makes a 90 degree bend but was unable to clear further. Any ideas as to clear this last area would be appreciated.

Riff on Swan Song, Amel #29