What travel insurance for cruisers?

Sv Garulfo

Hi All,

When purchasing our boat insurance, we realised that the cover was limited to events occurring while onboard or getting on/off the boat. Likewise, cover for gadgets/electronics was limited to equipment used for navigation (laptops/photography/video/phones not covered).

We also found that classic travel insurance typically covers trips for 60-90 consecutive days and from the main residence place only.

Therefore, what insurance cover does a long-term (12+mths) cruiser need when ashore in foreign countries (in particular for belongings, personal liability, medical)?

Would this come under Yachtman travel insurance (including liveaboard)? 

We would like to hear about your views and experience on this topic.

Thanks and BR 

Thomas & Soraya
Amel 54 #122
Cap d'Agde


Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.