Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Flag Registration

Ron Hynes <riffhynes@...>

I'm an American and I bought an older Amel in Holland a year ago. I registered there as the insurance was about 50% less than if I had documented in the U.S. I've been to the Netherlands, Belgium, France, United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands with absolutely no problems with my "light" registration. I used Yacht Registration Holland (just google for contact info) and can recommend them...professional, knowledgeable, fast and economical. They also provide radio licenses and can also help with corporate ownership if this is advantageous for you. 

Ron Hynes

On Apr 15, 2017, at 12:22 AM, rcavie <no_reply@...> wrote:


Hello everyone. 

I do not have European residency, only nationality. I would like to know if anyone has any reference to the Dutch flag called ICP = International Certificate for Pleasure Craft.

All European countries can issue an ICP but the Dutch Flag Registration is by far the easiest and lowest rates then the other European flags.

I would like to know if it has some restrictions of use in the Caribbean in waters of countries that are not in the dependence of any European country.

Thank you


SM2k 246 Future Manutara

Join to automatically receive all group messages.