Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Painting deck stripes - how much paint is needed??

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Colin,

I had a single part marine quality paint mixed to match the AwlGrip cream color. Pick a brand available in Australia and have them match the color.

I did not use AwlGrip because they only make 2 part paint and I was concerned that the 2 part might set up while applying with the striping tool. I am not sure if this is correct.

If you color the faux caulking cream, it will take two coats. Be sure to buy at least 1 liter of lacquer thinner to clean tools and mistakes. There is a learning process with the tool and getting the correct amount of thinner. If it is too thick, it will not work well with a striping tool.

Judy and I believe that this is the very best appearance job that you can do on a Super Maramu. Second would be changing the color of the boot stripe and rub rail to desert sand.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Apr 15, 2017 3:48 AM, "'colin.d.streeter' colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill
We love the look of your decks with the cream colour stripes and will do the sams on Island Pearl II as soon as we get a chance, possibly in Thailand. What type of paint did you use and was there a specific colour / code?
Cin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl Ii. SM#332  Brisbane

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 on the Telstra Mobile Network