- [Amel Yacht Owners] Painting deck stripes - how much paint is needed??
Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Painting deck stripes - how much paint is needed??
Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
There are others available...google "striping tool"
- Sand the gaps and wipe with a dry lint free cloth
- Select a roller that is 1/2 to 2/3rds the size of the gap between the faux teak boards.
- Mix about 25cl of the paint using about 5% thinner...you may need more thinner later, but start with about 5%
- Use a tiny funnel to fill the paint reservoir on the tool.
- With the roller against the left side of the gap, roll forward about 1/2 meter, or what ever is comfortable to reach
- With the roller against the right side of the gap, roll back toward you
- Repeat until you have finished all gaps in that section...now, it will likely be time to fill the paint reservoir on the tool.
- You should start where you will least see your work because your quality will improve after about an hour.
- If you have direct sunlight, have someone else hold something to shade you and the immediate work area
- Have lacquer thinner to clean mistakes and to clean the tool...soaking it overnight, then rinsing with paint thinner and drying before use again.
CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.