Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: rigg of santorin when should it be changed?

antonio scipioni

Hi christof,
I bought two years ago my santorin (1994) and he was rigged with original standing rig. I sailed for 500 miles in very strong conditions and in Gulf of Lion with 25/30 knots. All was ok and without problems. Anyway I changed the rig and repaint the masts, I bought the rig in France by acmo and I did myself the installation and the dismounting/remounting. If you have experience and time is the better way to know your boat. If you want I can do this job for you in Rome in the Nautilus Marina on the river, I can send you a quote about. I can say that is no so difficult but you need tools and patience.
Br
Antonio
Santorin 108 Vagabundo

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 13 apr 2017, alle ore 15:30, biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Hi Paul,
I just had rigging replaced in Le Marin by Caraibe for 10,500 Euro. They are the shop that Amel employs in Martinique and uses all original ACMO hardware.

They were working on a SM when I got my quote and I followed another SM into the work pier. As we were leaving another Amel was pulling in, so they are quite experienced with Amel rigs.
It was three days work, they handled everythIng.

Gatean was the fellow I talked to, he can speak english.

Regards. John

John Clark
Vent de Soleil SM 37
Great Bay, Sint Maarten