Re: rigg of santorin when should it be changed?

Amel Salvagny

Hi Christoph

I have just had my 24 years old Santorin Ketch rig checked by a professionel rigger. He also was very impressed by the quality of everything on the boat and found only minor problems resulting in changing 5 wires and some screws.

He advised to get rid of all the protective plastic around wires and screws as they collect salt and advances corrosion.

So I would trust the rigger - as I have done - and only repair if broken and not just change everything.

Best regards
Lars
Santorin ketch #79, 1993 - Salvagny
Currently lying i Copenhagen, Denmark